Dearheart Designs: 30 Days of Truth - Days 16-23   

Saturday, October 9, 2010

30 Days of Truth - Days 16-23

OMG - I had completely abandoned my 30 Days of Truth.  I need to get caught up!  So here it goes....

Day 16 → Someone or something you definitely could live without.

I could live without RAP music, I’m just not a fan.

Day 17 → A book you’ve read that changed your views on something.
I recently read Sarah’s key which is story that takes place in France during WWII. I had assumed that the Nazis were the sole people responsible for bringing people to concentration camps; however, this book taught me otherwise. I learned that the French police were actually responsible for gathering some people together and bringing them to camps. They were told only to bring the adults, but sadly, they brought children as well. They were afraid of the Nazis. So sad.

Day 18 → Your views on gay marriage.
I don’t have a problem with it 

Day 19 → What do you think of religion? Or what do you think of politics?
I have recently started attending RCIA classes again. I attended 7 months of classes a couple of years ago. I started going again because although I believe in God, the church has been absent in my life. I have been enjoying it so far and I am supposed to become a “full fledged” Catholic during the Easter vigil next year. I don’t get into big political debates – discussing politics really irritates me.

Day 20 → Your views on drugs and alcohol.
I don’t use drugs. But, I do drink wine and on occasion mixed drinks when we are with friends. I am always in control and careful of what I drink. I know my daughter is always watching me and I need to set a good example for her.

Day 21 → (scenario) Your best friend is in a car accident and you two got into a fight an hour before. What do you do?
I rush to her side immediately of course. Friends will have arguments sometimes, but true friendship lasts. If a tragedy happened, I would never forgive myself. I love my best friend and whatever the fight was, I’m sure we could work through it.

Day 22 → Something you wish you hadn’t done in your life.
I wish that I hadn’t focused so much of my high school career on music. I was in the marching band because my music teacher expected me to be and I didn’t want to disappoint her. Her approval meant everything to me.

Day 23 → Something you wish you had done in your life.
I wish that I had applied to more colleges and universities during high school instead of just UNH. I mentioned in a previous post that I listened to my ex’s plea to attend a school near home. I wish I had tried to apply to more schools just to say that I did! I also wish I had explored different majors more. My high school did not help us understand our options like most high schools do now.

No comments: