I would just like to wish everyone a very "Happy New Year's"! I hope you and your loved ones are healthy, safe, and happy.
How did you all spend your New Year's Eve? Did you party? Did you have a quiet night in?
New Year's has always meant a great deal to us because my daughter is a New Year's Day baby. When she was younger, she thought everyone screaming and whooping it up at midnight was just for her! We love thinking back to that New Year's Eve when I went into labor and yes, even remembering the horrible 17 hours of labor that lead to my c-section.
My family had our neighbors (but really extended family) over. I had a hunch my friend wouldn't make it until midnight. She tends to peter out quickly. We inhaled so much chinese food it was sick. We then hung out while the guys played a boxing video game (VERY boring). My son was fussy and needed to go to bed, so I put him in his crib to let him cry it out (this is new by the way). We were successful!
It wasn't soon after he fell asleep that my migraine set in. It felt like someone was taking a knife and scraping out my eyeball. My friend decided she was going home about that time to go to bed...Quitter! My husband, friend, and the other boys were still playing their games...boring.
So, my daughter and I curled up in the chair and snoozed. I tried to block out the light to help my head. My husband woke us up at 12:15 and sent us to bed. I was so disappointed that we missed the whole fanfair and celebration. I crawled into bed, thinking of my daughter, smiling that my son was still asleep, and writhing in pain from my migraine.
I hope your New Year's was more eventful than mine!
HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVERYONE!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















No comments:
Post a Comment