A couple of weeks ago my husband traded in my car for the new model. I had been in a terrible accident almost two years ago (I think I've written about it before). I rear-ended a woman who was absolutely nuts. She started screaming at me - "THE WRATH OF MARY IS GOING TO COME DOWN UPON YOU!" (Ok, I am not a Catholic yet, but I'm pretty sure that Mary is not evil:)
The day after he brought the car home, I drove to work as I usually do, no issues. It was mid-morning when one of the assistants came running in the building and said, "Do you know someone who is driving a new car?" My heart stopped beating....I said, "Why?" She said, "Because a tree just fell on it". Oh My Goodness...it can't be me....I said, "What color is it?" She said, "Silver". Ok, I can breathe again. Mine is black. I was so relieved that it wasn't me, which I think is only natural. I'm sorry that I was relieved it was someone else's issue...
Five days later, I drive to my neighbor's house to pick up my daughter. It's dark out. The neighbor's driveway has an incline and turns to the left. My daughter gets in the car and I start to back out of the driveway. I turned the wheel and brought the car straight back instead of turning with the driveway.
What happened you ask?
I TOOK OUT PART OF THEIR STONE WALL!!! Yup, knocked right into it. Not only did I kill part of their wall, but dented my new car pretty well, scraped three spots, and then bent part of the back. CAUSED $854 worth of damage! ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!
I was so upset. My neighbors were unbelievably nice about it all and refuse to accept money. My husband and I will take care of it of course.
I was petrified how my husband would react. When the garage door opened, my daughter just looked at me while I was cooking dinner. Probably hearing my heart beating in my chest from across the room.
He walked in the door, laughed, and said, "Geez, do you need a bigger camera lens?" (The Acuras have a rearview camera that I was actually looking in, but didn't see the wall). He made fun of me the rest of the week. So have the neighbors actually. I'm glad everyone thinks it's funny, but I'm simply disgusted with myself.
Karma - she's a B*#^! for sure....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















1 comment:
Hi!
I'm a new follower from Totally Tuesday! Would love for you to visit my page and follow back!
I was featured as a guest post on Sears' blog today for my favorite holiday cookies!!
Frugal Invitation
http:/www.frugalinvitation.com
http://twitter.com/thefrugalinvite
Post a Comment