Dearheart Designs: Thanksgiving Memories To Hold Dear   

Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving Memories To Hold Dear

I would definitely have to say that yesterday will go down in the books as one of the most memorable.  It was the first Thanksgiving I had spent at my mother’s house in years and years.  It was my son’s first Thanksgiving.  And sadly, it could potentially be my grandmother’s last.  I don’t want to be too negative, but she’s 91.  We almost lost her last year and she is doing ok, but is in constant pain.  She was thrilled to be surrounded by her family (how few there are of us).  I was able to get this picture and I know I will hold it dear forever.  I wish I had gotten my daughter in the picture as well, which makes me sad.   

Photobucket
 

My husband wasn’t too thrilled to have to drive down there and miss the football game. But, he was taping it and could watch it later. It was nice to go to someone else’s house and not have to cook! We usually host Thanksgiving every year, but my in-laws are away and it didn’t make sense for us to have my mom and grandma drive to us.

The kids behaved.  Yeah!! We ate a ton. We drove home content. We did some online shopping last night and scored some deals for the kids (Bonus!!!) It was a wonderful day.  I am extremely blessed to say the least. 



5 comments:

Britt said...

It's nice to know that you had this Thanksgiving with your grandmother. I had a very similar experience with my mom this Thanksgiving as she was diagnosed with cancer in April and it has been challenging. But, my mom is a warrior and for your grandmother to live to 91, she must be one too! I wish you many more memories with your grandma and don't forget to take care of yourself. Happy holidays! :)

Anonymous said...

I hope you and your family have a great Holiday Season :-)

~Ron

Empty Nester said...

The picture is wonderful! Glad you took it!

Things Sent My Way said...

I'm so glad you have these memories, even when they can be frightful or sad, or make you miss a football game. Thank you for sharing this photo with us! It's beautiful!

Following from the weekend blog hop. Hope you can visit and follow back.

I've got 10 giveaways and a giveaway linky that could use some loving if you've got a second, too.

Michelle @ Things Sent My Way
http://www.thingssentmyway.com/p/giveaway-linky_19.html

aceIN photography said...

these are the memories to cherish! your newest GFC follower. would *love* a follow back. you can find me at:

www.aceandfriendsco.com