
I have been doing my bullying education and prevention lessons in the fourth and fifth grades for the past month. I have been working with these kids for 4-5 YEARS!!! I have never felt more ineffective than yesterday. Some of the students are so unbelievably nasty to each other. It has now gotten to the point where I am seeing the true colors of some parents as well. How can I help teach children when their role models teach them to act this way? Some of the parents are bullying each other as well as other students! I can't help but feel that I am fighting a losing battle. I am turning blue in the face talking and talking about empathy and respect and I feel like no one is listening at times.
I became a counselor because I love working with kids. I still have to hold on to a little glimmer of hope that if I can help one child, I have done my job well. I felt so defeated yesterday. However, I got up this morning, put a smile on my face, had my coffee, and I am heading off to work. We'll see how today goes...






















2 comments:
I just followed your other blog that focuses on reviews and giveaways. I REALLY look forward to following you on this blog. I just browsed over some of the topics you've posted and will definitely take some time to read. My son started in middle school and boy has it been a ride -- peer pressure being our top issue with him. Anyway, I'm a new follower on two of your blogs and I'd appreciate the follow back. Thanks for your great site. ~Jamie
SaysJamie.com
Very good article!
I'm following through the weekend hop :)
Hope you will take a minute to check out my blog http://trendygirldesigns.blogspot.com
Post a Comment