Well, I am going to attempt this...I love writing prompts and this is right up my ally! Plus, I am a therapist and boy do we encourage self-reflection!
What do I hate about myself?
That's a really hard question that is hard to admit to other people.
I don't like a few things, which is amazing considering my self-esteem is better than it used to be. But, let's give it a go...
I hate that I care too much what people think of me sometimes. Obviously this a good thing at times, but it can also be a problem. I want people to like me obviously, so I suffer from "helium hand". That's when you can't keep your hand down. Your hand flies up uncontrollably and you say, "I'll do that" or "I can take care of that for you". Caring too much also makes me think too much about what others have said to me. If they have tone, I think, "What the hell did I do?" Obviously this is why "The Great Staples Incident" bothered me so much! (See earlier post!)
I hate that I just can't be happy with my appearance. People give such nice compliments to me and I am so critical of myself.
I hate that I can't sing :)
I hate that I'm going to be 35 this November....
I guess I could on, but let's just pick one more....The thing I hate the most about myself is that I worry WAY too much about things. I have a MUCH better handle on it than when I was younger. It has taken me years of listening to my own advice to get better. But, I still have a ways to go.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















2 comments:
I don't like that I worry too much about what other people think too. Actually we seem to dislike a lot of the same things! May it's our November birthdays.
Found you via BMBF
Hi, Found your button on bloggy moms. From someone who has needed to see a therapist before, I often wonder what a therapist does with the emotional toil of others on a daily basis. I know that I need to be around positive people to have a positive outlook on my life, which is why I've nixed a few people from my life, but I think being a therapist would be hard, it would be hard to leave work at work...and then when you are a therapist that needs encouragement, where do you get that encouragement from? I don't know if I'd be able to do it. I admire people in this profession a lot. :)
I hope you have a great weekend, and maybe this self reflection time will help you realize not to be so much of a people pleaser...I know thats my weakness. Good luck, and now following you!
Heather from Mommy Only Has Two Hands!
Post a Comment