I don’t get complimented on my singing! I like to sing, but it’s really not very good
Day 13 → A band or artist that has gotten you through some tough ass days. (write a letter.)
When my grandfather died, I had an extremely difficult time coping. I felt so lost without him. I have mentioned him in a previous post. After the funeral, I really felt the need to do something else to show my love and respect. I was listening to a Natalie Merchant album I loved and the song “Kind and Generous” came on. The words hit me like a ton of bricks….
Dear Natalie,
I wish I could thank you in person for the peace that your words have brought me. “Kind and Generous” is a song that I will forever hold dear to my heart”. After my grandfather’s death, I placed a frame near his grave. It held a picture of the two of us with the lyrics to your beautiful song.
I want to thank you
for your generosity
the love and the honesty
that you gave me
I want to thank you
show my gratitude
my love and my respect for you
I want to thank you
I showed my grandfather I loved him all the time, but still felt the intense need to thank him for taking care of me and helping me become who I am. Thank you so much for being a beautiful songwriter.






















No comments:
Post a Comment