I just wanted to share (and definitely feel the need to vent) what happened to me today. This will forever be known as "The Great Staples Incident". I was in the car with my son and was in a plaza parking lot trying to find a space to park. I stopped to allow a man to cross the street (who was not walking in the crosswalk, but whatever...) and the truck behind me lays on the horn. I turned around to see what the big deal was and the man is yelling at me telling me to move.
I turn back around to see if the man had successfully crossed yet. What does the man do??
He starts yelling AT ME! He is yelling, "I have the right of way!"
I didn't beep at him, which he obviously didn't know, but as he is yelling at me and reaching the other side of the street, the truck is laying on the horn again!
Now sidenote - I am an EXTREMELY mild-mannered person. I am a school counselor for crying out loud!! But, this time made me so angry! I rolled down the window and said, "Excuse me sir! But I was waiting for you to cross the street! I wasn't beeping at you!" What does he do???
He yells AT ME AGAIN!!! He yells, "Well talk to that guy then!"
WHAT?!?!
Then, I notice that he is walking into Staples, which just happens to be where I need to go to buy bulletin board borders for the first day of school tomorrow. I thought, "Maybe I should just skip it and go home." But, then I thought again, "No, I'm going to go up to him and ask him what the hell I did wrong."
I parked and marched into Staples with all the determination and courage I could muster. As soon as the doors slid open for me, I realized that half of the students in the school district were in there buying their last minute supplies.
I suddenly deflated (not completely...) I didn't think that I should confront anyone (possibly a complete nutbag) with my son in tow and with half of the student body present. I grabbed the borders and stood two people behind the guy in line. He looked at me and looked away. I shot eye daggers, but it's just not the same...
And don't get me started about the guy beeping behind me! Didn't you see that there was someone crossing? And if you didn't initially, maybe if you weren't laying on the horn, you would have seen the guy crossing!
What is wrong with people? How rude....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






















3 comments:
Oh my! I hate to say this, but I would have probably flipped them both off. I know, I'm terrible, but I've just gotten fed up with rude people after 15 years of adulthood. The older I get, the more aware I become of how rude people can be. I'm gonna be that crotchety old woman who everyone is afraid of. Ha ha
Lol I could never be a counselor so A+ on that lol ad well I would have yelled back at the man crossing I SHOULD HAVE RAN YOUR A$$ over Im sorry I have 0 Patience whe it comes to that! Sorry You Had a Stressfull Day already A follower Just Checking In and saying Hi!
I hate when people are rude like that when you are just trying to be nice to them.
Following from blog hop...love to have you follow back!
http://funfritzfamily.blogspot.com/
Post a Comment